Wednesday, September 10, 2008

BOY FAJARDO

My father and I never get along ever since; probably we have a different perspective in life. S-T-R- I-C-T can be an appropriate description with a very witty mind. Definitely he would always prefer a direct to the point opinion and he hated talking to idiots. I remember an instance that he was teaching me in my Algebra lessons and I would give him a look saying “can you please repeat” while in my mind is asking what the hell is he talking about then he would repeat it on the second time and then would asked me to solve the equation for him. Unfortunately Math can never be my forte; I maybe a Fajardo but I don’t enjoyed calculus that much so what he did is walked out. He is also my sensei taught me the Basics of Karate; chops, blocks, kicks and punches are our bonding moments. Papa together with Mama never failed to educate me on how to be civilized, even as a kid they would take me on different restaurants to just show me the table set-up and the table etiquette and the decorum per se. If you would asked him if he spanked me he will be very proud saying “yes” with a follow-up that it’s not yet enough, which took me years to understand. Upon meeting people and seeing them I understand the importance of punishment when a child commits mistakes. There are instances wherein “sorry” is not enough more often it is used as a grounds for mistakes for we can always say the renown statement. I maybe 28 but when Papa started to stare at me I will shut up and behave, luckily I inherent it when I gone mad and see the “Tiger Look” I can make somebody be quite. Ha! Ha! Ha! Thanks Papa!

But if you would analyze the very reason why we disagree is because I am sometimes his mirror. Well we have same fear which is injection, were both hardheaded, we see and feel supernatural and we are hated by our superiors. Papa is not into crying, he is the type who never allow his emotions to overrule him as a person. When I cry he will be mad instructing me to so something, it’s because I am their only child and when the time comes he just wanted me to be independent. You might see Papa in other way but he is the most honest person not used even with white lies and possesses a strong faith with GOD. Papa will always be my hero, my comfort zone in this tiring battle with life. It’s a good feeling perhaps a sign of relief ending whatever indifference we had. I had no regrets having him as a father, I’m proud and I love him most.

No comments: